don't let the smell stop you

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

swingin' utters - soldier boy

Good solid build, this ripe young kid has sharpened up for killing men.
Polished new shoes and uniform not a bad sort "just came here on a whim"
And now our soldier boy is missing home and now our little boy dead as a stone.
Big toothy grin,
peach fuzz on cheeks,
snow-white combed hair,
lanky physique.
Mobile, but awkwardly made-up like some ol' wannabe debutante.
And now our soldier boy is leaving his own and this old rag-tag neighborhood has folded up and gone.

ryan told me that jamie left to disneyland today - i'd forgotten about that! she's coming back on saturday, so i won't be able to ask her about chris's party until then... it's sad.. i probably won't be going, my mom made some big ol' father's day plans with the whole "extended" family. but i'll ask, see what comes up.
i got a jones juice bottle cap with a skull and crossbones. it made my day.
my mother is so silly. she comes barging into my room to make me watch an old gilmore girls episode, "the one where dean invites rory to his wedding!" and so we watched it, and during the commercials we raced to the kitchen and made ice cream and i hid the choco sauce from her and she got angry. it was amusing. then she made me get out my yearbook and show her the pictures of all the people she knows. "wow, grace got really pretty!" yes, mother, that's what i've been telling you all year.
now i'm tired, but there's still much to be done tonight... so sad... there just aren't enough hours, yeah?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home