don't let the smell stop you

Saturday, February 07, 2004

hot water music - we'll say anything we want

not today, but tomorrow around 4, they say. we'll see.
'round noon i ran to steph's. i saw a crazy guy with headphones dancing on a corner, and a dog getting its butt sprayed with a hose in someone's front yard. when i got to her house i laid on the couch with some water while she took a shower, and when she drove me home the trip mileage says it was 3 miles. not bad, i guess.
so we bummed around all day, she cleaned my house and i'm in the middle of tearing apart my room. not sure exactly how i'll redo it this time, but i'm ready for a change.
oh! steph showed me the song written about me today. it's pretty damn cool! i hope those guys get famous someday - at least enough so i can hear my "fuck you!" song on some college radio station.
"So you tell me now that you're looking for your perfect man,
But i still can't, full understand,
Why i couldn't be that guy,
And you know you shouldn't lie,
Why couldn't you have told me right from the start,
Well i hope you find the man that your lookin for,
And i hope that he is everything you wanted and more,
But i hope when you get real close,
That he turns up his nose,
And eventually, i hope he breaks your heart,"
the sad thing is, he's a little too late. that already happened, thanks.
honestly, when i first read it, i laughed my ass off. it's mean, and vindictive, but i didn't really hit me. but just before steph left, she reminded me once again of my complete and utter failure with all my relationships... and now, well, i feel bad.
this is hardly the time for me to be bitching about relationships, though. my life's still good - everything around me has potential. my job, school, friendships, even what's going on at home. it's all just going to get better from here, unless something catastrophic happens.
i need to fill up the tank in the van, but scott took it out... hopefully he'll get back soon, i forgot to remind him the gas guage doesn't work and it's the trip mileage you have to go by. i'm probably going to go out and buy my little mini magnets, too. i feel like doing some constructive procrastination, instead of just sitting around on my computer all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home