don't let the smell stop you

Monday, December 15, 2003

five iron frenzy - a flowery song



oh, what i'd give for the olden days. back when everything was so simple, yet seemed so hard. daily concerns involved being overlooked in jessika's shadow, playing with the neighbor's dog and hoping maybe eli would notice me.
now... well, shit. one of my friends is dead from a brain tumor. i'm plagued with doubts about the sincerity of my personality. my best friend isn't as important to her boyfriend as his drugs are. i don't even know what's going on in my other friend's life because i can't stand to be in her presence for more than a few minutes. jessika is hardly someone i look up to and admire these days. who really cares if that cute guy notices me, anyway? there's always someone else. and to top it all off, i'm constantly dehydrated because i drink diet coke instead of water.
no, i think the saddest thing of all is this: despite how easy it was then, and how complicated it is now... i wouldn't give it up for the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home