don't let the smell stop you

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

mars volta - cicatriz esp

as i sit here nursing a giant coffee-shop style cup of hot cocoa, i'm thinking one thing: the holidays aren't turning out half as bad as i thought they would. the cd burner, plus the new cd player my dad bought for me today, are two "monetary objects" that are cheering me up. but more than that, i've got my friend back! sure i was busy, but that doesn't mean anything if you've got no meaningful relationships going on. it was all "hi! gotta run! bye!" and in the downtime, steph was always busy off with her boyfriend, or i was too tired at jamie's to stay awake. what was worse: i'd walk through the hallways after school, and there'd be no one to stop and talk to. i'd just walk to my car and drive home. it was lame, really.
but i have my friend back! god, liz and i are so immature. i can't believe we didn't talk to each other for... months. and now it's cool again! we skip lunches to go get starbucks, make plans to do random things that no one else ever wants to do with me. and what's better? we do them! take today. she was going to get me out of my class so we could go off, only i wasn't at school. yeah, i know, but it's the thought that counts. so 'round 5 she comes over, we watch citizen kane and bake cookies (and ohhh man, don't get me started on those cookie cutters!) 7:30, it's all dark and rainy outside, and we take off on a run to the aquatic center, laughing about rapists and drunk drivers. at the pool we swim for a half hour or so, and in the locker room i start talking to this woman about swim lessons and jogging in california, and she gives me bottled water! very cool. and then we ran home again. maybe it's the convenience of living so close, but it's great having someone to just call up randomly and take off. it just doesn't work that way with the other people in my life. either they can't (tuey) or they live too far away (ryan, david, elaina, cole, william...) so. i'm content. sort of. still chewing ice, but hopefully not for long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home