don't let the smell stop you

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

hot rod circuit - knees

my knee's been bothering me since yesterday. she says to wait 5 days, and if it's still bothering me, go to the doctor. i want a check-up anyway, so that's fine.
an emotional rollercoaster, she called it. it's surprising how often my mom's right.
the morning started out great. i don't really remember many specifics. it was just a good ol' day at school. i like marketing. i like anatomy. (i don't like ap english.) i took the bus home with brandon, since i had to work after school. it got me close enough to walk, and i had fun. i'd forgotten what it's like to ride a school bus, and i kind of miss it now. oh well, i'll be getting my chance, since i have to work every tuesday and thursday for the next 3 weeks. hopefully brandon will get his car the next times, though, so i can sit down for at least 15 minutes.
work was miserable. i mean, there was nothing wrong with it. it's just hard work. not much thinking, though, and i appreciate that.
i was so tired. i think i've been running on adrenaline all day. trying to walk home killed me. it was taking forever, i thought i was going to fall over on my feet... and wonderful, terrific rai drove by and stopped and gave me a ride home. she told me herself, i looked like i was going to die, climbing oh-so-slowly up that hill... i thanked her ten million times, not to be obsessive or anything. i was just that tired, and that appreciative.
i didn't realize just how tired i was, though, until i walked in the front door. i saw my dog and all i could think was, "i'm home." and my mom came over to talk to me and see how my day went, and i burst into tears. she was wonderful. she just came up and gave me a big hug and let me cry into her shoulder, telling me she understood how i felt and all that. it's just... everything's been so stressful. only 4 days of school and i feel like it's too much, like i can't handle it all. i was trying to explain it to her, so she sat down with me and we talked. she reasoned with me and was just nice and patient and helped me out. told me to eat dinner (i'd been so hungry at work, and walking home, but once i got in the door i just didn't want to eat anything.) she went through my homework with me and made it sound so reasonable, just an hour of this, an hour of that, and it was still only 6:30. then she sent me to sleep for an hour, which probably would've been nice if it had worked. but 30 minutes later i gave up and just got up, started doing homework. i've kind of given up right now, but i'll probably hit the textbooks again before i go to bed. but just.. i love her. i really do. i don't think i've ever felt more in debt to her than i do right now.
so now, i'm feeling a little better, a little more rational. i think i'm going to make it, as long as i can get some sleep. also, my dad and brent are coming home tomorrow night, since it's pretty much been raining their entire trip. and monday, since we don't have any school, i might take my driver's test! but first, i have to pass the written on saturday. so... maybe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home