don't let the smell stop you

Monday, December 01, 2003

everclear - when it all goes wrong again

i don't want to be here. i don't want to be in this house.
no, i take that back.
i don't want him to be here. i don't want my house to be like this.
i'd forgotten how bad it is when scott's around my parents. i love scott, really i do, and i don't want to criticize him because i know how personally he takes it, and i also knows he reads this and will probably get mad at me no matter what i say about him that's not a glowing report.
but i really, really wish he didn't have to move back in with us.
i know it's a lot to ask, though. you can't just want problems to go away, and poof! all better. it takes time, and effort, and sometimes even that's not enough. no doubt, it will always be like this.
but i'd gotten used to living in semi-peace with my parents. i like being able to come home and have it be quiet, the only noise coming from my stereo. no shouting, no yelling, no arguing... okay, occasionally there is, but i can't think of any especially bad fights between my parents when the brothers haven't been around. and there was that one episode with my dad, but for the most part, we can avoid each other pretty well.
coming outside of my room for that one moment scared me. i don't like hearing my parents arguing with scott. i hate yelling. i hate confrontation. the sound of them arguing, being so stubborn in their own opinion that neither person is willing to back down... and the worst part is, it's mostly one-sided. my parents have been extremely reasonable. maybe they aren't very diplomatic, but you'd think scott could make the effort to understand them, right? understand them, learn how to deal with them? accept them for the way they are, and just live with it? but i guess he can't. i don't want to be the dutiful suck-up daughter, and i'm pretty sure i'm not. but i don't want to be so stubborn that i resent them every time i'm near them. my parents are good people, they love all of us and they do the best they can, but there always have to be some limits. i mean, you can't expect someone to turn out right without any discipline, boundaries and expectations.
there they go again. i can hear it over the music now.
it's back to the olden days, kids. me, hiding in my room with the music turned up so i don't have to listen to the yelling. this always happens, at some point, when scott's around... i don't like it, but what can i do? scott doesn't listen. it's his choice, and any attempts to get him to change his mind, he only takes as an attack.
i'd leave, but i have to do homework tonight. and where would i go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home