don't let the smell stop you

Monday, March 10, 2003

awww, so today was my dad's birthday. 51, i think. pretty sure.
i woke up this morning with my mom screaming "chelsea! get up, throw some jeans on and go!!" see, they decided a few days ago that my birthday present will be them paying for driver's ed. (btw, my birthday isn't until the end of may). so she called the place in the mall to sign me up for driver's ed, there was one spot left, and brent and i, being normal teenagers, were sleeping in and didn't hear the phone ringing - repeatedly. so she rushed home from work on her lunch break to yell at us.
and that's how i found myself walking through the mall, dazed, in yesterday's clothes and bed-hair and having no clue how i looked, seeing as i didn't have time to even glance in the mirror. needless to say, i was in and out like lightning, and got signed up (woo!).
so later, around 3;30, brent drove me back to the mall to get the receipt and information. he wanted out fast, so he was going to give me $5 to ignore anyone i ran into, or to tell them to piss off. i was all for it - sadly, i didn't run into anyone. oh well.
so then, we took a trip to party city! yeah! i love that place! we got some balloons and a banner and a little party hat for my dad. nothing too extravagant, since we went all out last year for his 50th.
now, let me say this. balloons are evil. they were attacking me the whole car ride home, and then they refused to get out of the car. then they attacked me again. needless to say, i had to yell at them a little before they behaved (and of course, brent teased me for this).
now, cute story, we spent a lot of time arranging my dad's 'happy birthday' banner. we hung it sideways (vertically?) from the railing at the top of the stairs, and left it that way.
anyway, i got to make dinner, a nice yummy curry that i mostly let my mom do when she got home. i can cook, sure, but i'm lazy. i wanted to sleep.
so here i am, at 8;02, realizing i haven't done much at all of my homework and wanting to do nothing except sleep. oh well, i think tomorrow's 2-4-6, so i should be okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home