don't let the smell stop you

Tuesday, February 11, 2003

this is so sad. i finally feel like i'm getting past that whole "ugh, my parents suck" teenager attitude. and then i'm the perfect posterchild.
but hey, i can't help it! i try dealing with it (the whole family psych class in work guys!) but they just get worse. i get a "good job" for my straight A's, then they yell at me all night for talking on the phone for, what, 45 minutes? it's not my fault brent was sleeping and my mom had to bum a ride home from a coworker. that was not my fault in any way. but they act like it. i was gone! i wasn't using the phone!
i swear. no one ever calls unless it's for me. why should it matter so much?
oh well. that's not the problem. the problem is figuring out how to break it to them that i'm dating someone who's far from what they want for me. the first thing she asks me about him (and all she knows is that i talk to him on the phone a lot): "is michael a christian?" then while watching gilmore girls, she has to give me a lecture about sex. ... not the best topic to discuss with me. really. maybe she has everything figured out. but i don't. she knows what she thinks is right for everyone, but i'm not so convinced. her beliefs aren't necessarily mine, and i don't want them shoved on me. i want to be able to figure this out on my own, thanks. maybe parents are good for advice sometimes, but usually, mine aren't. they have their faults, and one of them is their absolute non-acceptance of different lifestyles.
... the worst part of all of this is that in about 6 months, it's just going to be me. they're going to be realizing even more how much their kids are growing up and they're going to go ballistic on me. ... i'm excited. look, i'm so happy i'm dancing. ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home