don't let the smell stop you

Saturday, February 01, 2003

wow. last night was eventful. i've got another thing to add to my "blocked memories" list. and at the same time i will always remember it. i really, really don't want to talk about it though. not today. right now i'm just happy. i spent a long night over at vanessa's, took it easy and talked about a whole lot of nothing. it felt good.
so i guess that $5 makeup thing my dad bought for me over the internet was a sham. they've starting charging us for all sorts of things that we never even heard about. we figure they'll be coming in the mail a little bit from now. it's crap, though. the makeup i got was horrible - the only thing i liked was the bright red hooker lipstick.
i like my family. i like them a lot. i look up to brent. brent's smart, funny, easy to get along with. he's got a lot going for him in life. he cares about me, looks out for me, and he doesn't want to see me mess up my life. he's my friend, and i value our friendship more than any other. he's... well.. he's my big brother! i love him and it kills me when we don't get along. scott, well, he's my bigger brother. i do look up to him, but i'm not comfortable around him. i love his sense of humor and just how he's a great guy when we get along. he's independant, which is something i really admire. i just wish i knew him better. as for my parents, well... we've got our problems. both of them can be overprotective and unreasonable. my mom holds a grudge much better than my dad does. it's easier for me to talk to my mom though. she's a girl, she understands me. my dad can be harsh and rude, and i always have to have conversations with him about his stuff. ....
i totally lost my train of thought with that. i give up. i'm really mad at evan right now. he's going out to buy the simple plan cd. now, i have nothing against simple plan. they're good, they're fun, they put me in a better mood. but evan doesn't have a whole lot of "punk" cd's, and the fact that he'd rather go out and buy simple plan than.. it just makes me sad. if he's going to be a lightweight listener, he should at least buy the good stuff. y'know? simple plan is for once you've got the good stuff and don't know what else to do.
oh well. i'm not exactly a professional in all things musical. it's mostly a bunch of crap, everything i say. my real music-listening theory? if you like it, go for it. forget about the people who sing it or the message people get when they hear you listening to it. if it makes you happy, or if the music satisfies you, then everyone else can just deal with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home