don't let the smell stop you

Thursday, June 19, 2003

oops! got grounded again. don't know for how long, but probably for a while.
yesterday scott came home. i figured it was something serious 'cause my mom and dad were being all hushed about it, and they went into the den to talk. i was bored out of my mind, of course, so i went out and sat on the lawn and drank soda and listened to my new cd. i would've brought my bubbles but i was lazy. so scott comes outside, pauses on the sidewalk, and asks if i want to come on a walk with him. duh!
so we drove down to the bpa trail, and it wasn't enough. we ended up making any excuse not to go home. i saw his apartment up in seattle, watched some anime at his friend's apartment, walked around redondo, and ate at denny's. came home around 2:30 am. so when i woke up this morning my mom was really, really pissed off and bitched at me about not calling and such, and voila! i'm grounded.
it's hard to get me to care, though. i haven't spent any quality time with scott, ever. last night was one of the best nights i've had in a long, long time. no matter how many friends someone has, it's never the same as being able to talk to a sibling. it also feels really good to know that there's someone else in my immediate family who isn't a perfect clone of everyone else. it's tough living with brent and my parents. i always figured scott was like them, but just refused to admit it. and he's not. he's like me. it's cool.
it was really funny, actually. we got to his apartment and he introduced me to his roommate, paul. "paul, this is my sister." paul: you have siblings?? later, when paul was talking to this guy on his cell phone, he's like "scott's here with his sister... yeah, i didn't know he had siblings either."
anyway, it was just a really good night. i enjoyed myself, and i think scott did too. now, i'm just trying to finish filling out the employment forms for zumiez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home