don't let the smell stop you

Tuesday, June 17, 2003

been up since midnight, didn't feel like going back to sleep. started reading this book, got scared, felt like sharing a paragraph with everyone.

I grimace and try to understand. I tell her I'm her friend and I want the best for her and she's got to trust me. I tell her (and here I keep my fingers crossed) I respect her and Adrian's relationship, but a relationship should make you happy and I don't think she's that happy. I ask her if he's hit her recently and she tells me he hasn't hit her in a long time. But something in the way she says it alerts me, and I ask if he's done anything that he wouldn't do if, say, I was in the room.
Which is when I find out that last night, after Lizzy's phone call, Adrian took a plastic spatula from Tina's kitchen drawer, a plastic bag from under the sink, locked Tina in her flat (saying he might call at any time, so if she rang anyone he'd know), sauntered down the road to the park, shoveled three fresh dog shits into the bag, returned to the flat, donned a pair of yellow rubber gloves, then smeared dog shit all over Tina's face and into her mouth while hissing, "That's what you are."
Apart from that, he's been a real dear.

... scary, huh? completely unexpected, too. anyway. my alarm's gonna go off in half an hour or so. i should probably just start getting dressed now but... nah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home