don't let the smell stop you

Thursday, February 13, 2003

i love little kids.
they don't necessarily love me, of course, but i love them just the same.
i love the kids i babysit for. i'm not a good babysitter, let me make that very clear right now. don't ever ask me to watch your kids, i'll end up hurting them. but the kids down the street from me, they're a special case.
i've been babysitting jj since he was 3 months old (crazy!) he's 2 and a half now. his little brother, isaac, is 7 months old (born right around my birthday!). sure, they aren't very old, but i still feel like i've watched them grow up. jj is huge now, i actually had trouble picking him up and carrying him upstairs for the first time. ... these guys are a huge part of my life. yeah, they're too young to ever remember me, but i know i'll never forget them. they've taught me so many things... oh wow that sounded really cheesy. but they have.
tonight was one of the best nights i've spent with those two. we sat and watched monster's inc., jj chillin' up on the couch and me 'n isaac down on the floor. i spent a lot of time just goofing off w/ isaac, and it amazed me. when i first started babysitting jj, when he was really little, i'd get frustrated with him and just let him do his own thing. now i love just blowing in isaac's face and waving the nylon cord around with him. jj fell asleep up on the couch, and he was just so adorable, lying there, using those huge pillows as a blanket. and isaac, rolling around the room (he can't crawl yet) and kicking the drawers and shaking his rattle. he's just... he's so much fun! he'd party all night long if i let him.
once again, i've lost where i'm going with all of this. but hey, that's cool, i like just sitting here, basking in the glow of spending an evening with two tiny little kids. i'm so attached to them. i'm starting to feel like they're mine (not literally, of course, but i hope you get the idea).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home