don't let the smell stop you

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

beck - loser

alright, no sleep and counting! i'll probably pass out in a while, but it's been forever since i pulled a real all-nighter. i'm proud of myself for it. today has felt endless, which makes sense. usually days are seen as the time between waking up and sleeping again. so in my case, this last day has been 36 hours long, instead of... 18. anyway, my mother freaked out on me this morning about not calling and checking in and all that junk. the usual complaints. she also made me throw out the chair! nooo! a part of my life is gone now. i keep going out to the garage and picking up the cushions and looking at it, remembering the moments when people sat down and signed it. i want to keep it. but i got really into the cleaning kick and rearranged a lot of my stuff, got new shelves and stuff and moved lots of things around. my room looks bigger without the chair. but i'll still miss it.
anyhow, i went to school and got my schedule and paid my fees. the finance lady F'd up though, and i only noticed it about an hour ago when i was showing the receipt to my mom. so i get to go back tomorrow and bitch her out. sort of.
remember - tomorrow i need to:
call/drive up to OSC, figure out what time classes start and how long the drive will take.
return library books
get mom to write me a check
transfer more money into my checking account
pay finance lady/fix fee problem
copy license and registration for a parking permit? maybe?
cut dog's toenails. forgot to do that.
work on bathroom so it's not so icky when elaina gets here!
go to work.
so later on i called up tuey and we sat around her house for a while. oh! right! i got my hair cut! how sad is it that i forgot about that? it's 'cause i've had it pulled back all day and just.. well, forgot. so yeah, i got it cut and i bought lots of sobes and a jones juice.. and i drank all of them. forget food, i'm all about high-sugar vitamin-ish drinks now. and then we drove bobby to work where he got a job at red lobster! which is cool for him. and we went to walmart (whoohoo!) to look for shelving units for tuey. we saw this two really cool looking cart guys, and they kept looking back at us while we were driving around looking for a space. they were fun. we ran around walmart forever comparing different tupperware shelving units, and we both ended up buying practically the same stuff.
so out in the parking lot, tuey started running with the shopping cart. i hopped on the front end and we both "flew" down the aisle of the parking lot, dodging cars and people as we pushed ourselves along. i honest to god don't know what happened, but that moment snapped me out of my depressed lonely funk that i've been in the past few weeks. it was fun, yeah, but it loosened something in my head and this time, when i was laughing, i actually felt like laughing. usually i laugh really hard but still don't feel caught up in it. this time i was getting all tingly from the rush. does this sound really weird? maybe it does. but it felt great to me. who knew riding a shopping cart would be the answer to this thing that's been getting me down all summer?? so after that, we waved to the cart guys as we drove away (and they waved back! i swear we have to go back there and actually meet the cart guys now.) i've felt great ever since. we ran around and bought me some shelves really fast before i had to book it toward my crew meeting. ugh, traffic was murder over by the tacoma dome. of course. but i got there in time, without falling asleep at the wheel either! it was cool seeing all the crew kids again, mallory, katie, michelle, ellie, riley... i'd almost forgotten them! can you believe it? anyway, the fall season is going to be about ten million times better than summer (even without danielle.. aw i'm going to miss her.) this wednesday! it starts!
so i came home and remodeled my room. it looks good, but weirdly empty. it's nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home