don't let the smell stop you

Monday, January 10, 2005

bright eyes - the calendar hung itself

Does he kiss your eyelids in the morning when you start to raise your head? And does he sing to you incessantly from the place between your bed and wall? Does he walk around all day at school with his feet inside your shoes? Looking down every few steps to pretend he walks with you? Does he know that place below your neck that is your favorite to be touched and does he cry through broken sentences like I love you far too much? Does he lay awake listening to your breath? Worried that you smoke too many cigarettes. Is he coughing now on a bathroom floor? For every speck of tile there are a thousand more that you won't ever see but must hold inside yourself eternally.
You make me happy when skies are gray You make me happy the skies are gray and gray and gray.

bright eyes. hell yeah. sentimental emo shit that doesn't sound pretty, it's his voice and his raw emotions that get to you. i guess you could say it's not good companion music. anytime someone else is in the room, pick something else. but when you're by yourself and have time to listen to the lyrics, lose yourself in the music... bright eyes. all the way. this one just now is my favorite, i was rocking out to the sunshine part in my sweats while hanging up my new nerd clothes.
did i mention i love my denny's crew? i'm going to get my camera developed and all the pictures will be at denny's. with maybe, maybe one or two of me and ellie screwing around federal way.
and just as a note. i don't think i've ever been this happy, this confidant in who i am and what i'm doing. my life is overflowing with potential, from far and distant post-college days, to within the next few months. i'm satisfied. i fall asleep smiling. and even if i do still wake up wanting to go back to sleep forever, that's only because i'm reliving the last few days in my dreams.
i found my shrek watch under my bed last night. now i just need to figure out how to program it. .. or maybe i won't bother. that'd be cool too.
i have this crazy urge to see my cousin. i feel like i could completely live up to her glamourous mindset right now. we could drape ourselves in jewelry and scents, then run around talking to strangers and drinking sobes. it'd be fantastic.
so josh is trying to make me appreciate music.. it's too funny that i had to give in and do what he said. and this stuff is all crazy old music with snapping fingers and doo-wop ahhh sounds. i love it! totally grooving to it right now. but it's making me crave some patsy kline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home