don't let the smell stop you

Saturday, December 25, 2004

unsung zeros - intermission

If the world should end, and we both die tonight.

I'd have no more time to say the things I might.
Had I known that this last hour would come so soon.
I'd have spent the last year speaking just to you.
And they'd be awkward all the things I would have said.
And that's the reason they have not been spoken yet.
But they mean too much to let them go unheard.
Even if I cannot really find the words.


1) How old will you be when you move into Housing?
{18}
2) I would like the room atmosphere to be:
{Some study, average noise, socializing common}
3) I go to bed on school nights (Sun-Thurs):
{Between midnight and 2 am.}
4) University Residences does not condone the use of alcohol by underage
persons. My attitude toward use of alcohol in the room is:
{Very accepting}
5) I am comfortable with visitors in the room:
{Frequently, 3-6 hours per day}
6) I generally keep my room:
{Generally clean, but I tolerate a mess.}
7) I struggle going to sleep:
{If there are visitors making noise.}
8) I understand that roommates sharing a room often choose to share
certain items rather than have duplicates. In general I am:
{Willing to share most stuff if asked first.}
9) Smoking is prohibited in all housing and university rooms and areas.
My personal attitude toward tobacco use is:
{I don't smoke tobacco products and would like a roommate who does not
smoke.}

just filling it out made me all jittery. i'm thinking about the day i move
in. i hope i can get into buchanan towers. sure, it's a long way from campus.
further than fairhaven. but who cares? i can walk fine. and you should see
the rooms! you have four-person suites, with a stove, sink, fridge, and
"sitting area" between the dorms. plus the usual bathroom. eight stories.
402 students. housing open during winter and spring break. no pool tables,
though... that makes me a little sad. but! there's also fairhaven. they have
three pool tables. again, pretty far off campus. their dorm rooms are really
tiny, too. so maybe i could luck out and get into edens south? that's where
brent is this year. it's a "quiet" dorm, but that doesn't really mean much.
right on campus. huge rooms. right in the center of everything.
and then higginson.. where all the doors are on the outside. people walk by
the windows at all hours of the night. and of course they piss over the
railings! nice sized rooms, 4-person suites again. i really don't want to
share a bathroom with a whole hall.
mostly i'm looking forward to having people around, 24 hours a day. i'll
never have a problem finding a midnight coffee buddy ever again.
speaking of midnight coffee! i love pat like my left pinkie. he and i
and my brother all went to denny's last night for a few hours, drinking
coffee and sharing stories. it's the stuff i wish tuey could do all the time,
but of course she has the whole "normal sleeping hours" thing. but hey, i'm
not complaining! i've got a new friend now! and maybe i'll get lucky. maybe
we can find more people to come.
i'm running low on painkillers now. panic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home